High-protein, CORE grain-free kitten food has turkey, chicken, herring, Menhaden fish oil and cranberries to help support the higher energy levels of growing kittens.
- Herring has Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) for brain and eye development
- Includes berries and botanicals for optimum health (see all ingredients below)
- Carefully selected and guaranteed mineral levels
- Fish and flax omega blend for healthy skin and coat
Available in: 5.5 oz cansBuy Now
Turkey, Chicken Liver, Turkey Broth, Chicken, Herring, Chicken Meal, Natural Chicken Flavor, Menhaden Fish Oil, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Carrageenan, Ground Flaxseed, Cranberries, Taurine, Dried Kelp, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Alfalfa Meal, Salt, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Cobalt Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Magnesium Oxide,Manganese Proteinate, Niacin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Folic Acid.
This is a naturally preserved product.
- Crude Protein (Min) 12.00%
- Crude Fat (Min) 7.50%
- Crude Fiber (Max) 0.50%
- Moisture (Max) 78.00%
- Ash (Max) 2.50%
- Magnesium (Max) 0.028%
- Taurine (Min)0.10%
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)* (Min) 0.04%
- Vitamin E (Min) 400 IU/kg
- Taurine* (Min) 0.10%
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (Min) 5.00%
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (Min) 0.50%
- Glucosamine* (Min) 250 mg/kg
- Chondroitin Sulfate* (Min) 200 mg/kg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles
100% Complete & Balanced Nutrition for Your Kitten
Wellness® CORE® Kitten Formula Cat Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for growth.
Feeding Information for Kittens: Serve at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate the unused portion. Always provide access to clean, fresh water.
- Up to 20 weeks of age, feed as much as your kitten will eat in 3 or 4 feedings per day.
- From 21 to 30 weeks of age, feed about 1/3 can per pound of body weight per day.
- From 31 to 52 weeks of age feed about ¼ can per pound of body weight per day.
Combination Feeding: Reduce dry by ¼ cup for every ½ can wet.
Calorie Content: This food contains 1,250 kcal per kilogram or 195 kcal per 5.5oz can ME (metabolizable energy) on an as fed basis (calculated).
This food is formulated for kittens and pregnant or nursing mothers who have special nutritional requirements. It is important to slowly transition your cat from his/her current diet as it takes a few days for the body to adapt to new nutrient levels. To transition, gradually mix in the new food over a 5-7 day period, increasing the amount of Wellness® CORE® each day, so that you are feeding 100% Wellness CORE by day 7.
Nutrition is the foundation of wellbeing, but be sure to give your cat plenty of fresh water, love and exercise and visit your veterinarian regularly!